About the job
We are seeking a Public Relations specialist who will be responsible for building and maintaining a positive image for our company. You will be in charge of establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups by writing press releases and other media communications, responding to requests for information and press conferences, and coaching our representatives in the correct way of communicating with the public and with stakeholders.
To be successful in this role, you will need a deep understanding of non-profit marketing. You will also need excellent written and verbal communication skills. Previous experience in handling a press conference is also an advantage.
Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Responding to requests for information release or press conference from the media or designating a spokesperson or source of information.
- Establishing and maintaining relationships with consumer, community, employee, and public interest groups.
- Writing press releases and other media communications to promote our mission.
- Planning or directing the development of programs to maintain favorable public and stakeholder views of the organization's agenda and accomplishments.
- Coaching our representatives in effective communication with the public and employees.
- Studying the organization's objectives, promotional policies, and needs to build public relations strategies that influence public opinion and promote mission, ideas, and services.
- Preparing and editing organizational publications, including employee newsletters or stakeholders' reports, for internal and external audiences.
- Updating and maintaining Web content.
- Conferring with managers to identify trends and group interests and providing advice on business decisions.
Public Relations Requirements:
- Pursuing or obtained Bachelor degree in journalism, PR, marketing or related field.
- Desire for or experience handling a press conference.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to pitch to media.
- An ability to work on big strategy plans as well as day-to-day tasks.
- Ability to think both creatively and strategically.
- Ability to run PR campaigns that deliver measurable results and meet objectives.
- Deadline-oriented, inquisitive, with great follow-up and reporting skills.
- Creativity in securing coverage and buzz with traditional outlets.
- Understanding of social media and solid experience working with bloggers.
- Project and budget management skills.
- Responds well under pressure with strict time limit.
- Quick and enthusiastic learner.